“Language for the Open-Hearted Warrior,”
a 12-week Class in Power-Conscious NVC,
is offered twice a year, starting in September and February.
The next course is scheduled!
Spring course begins February 21st, 2024
Meeting Times: Wednesdays from 10:45 am-1:15pm MST
Meets over Zoom for 12 Consecutive Weeks.
Warrior Wisdom offers courses in Nonviolent Communication (NVC), infused with the Right Use of PowerTM, informed by contemplative psychotherapy and Internal Family Systems (IFS). For more about these approaches, please go to the Modalities page.
- Have you ever wondered why it is you can talk to someone until you’re “blue in the face,” then walk away, feeling frustrated and sensing that you haven’t been heard?
- Has anyone ever told you, “You never listen to me, or if you do, you don’t hear me!”?
- Do your disagreements with others end up in cold silence? Heated exchanges? Hurt feelings and disconnection?
- Have you ever had the experience of trying to communicate your needs to someone in a position of power, and end up leaving the conversation feeling deflated, disconnected, and confused?
- Have you been in a leadership role, and felt confused as to why people don’t come to you with their feedback?
The mainstream modern culture is one that does not teach us the basic skills that are important and necessary for cultivating deep and healthy relationships. Most us us have not been taught how to slow down enough to get in touch with what we are feeling and needing, let alone how to express it in a way that we have a good chance of being heard. Most of us are also unaware of the unspoken dynamics of power present in all relationships, which impact communication, connection, and capacity to hear and be heard.
Often, when we try our best to communicate our hurts and what we most long for, because of how we have been hurt in the past and because of the beliefs we have inherited about right and wrong, good and bad, should and shouldn’t, what we want to say comes out as blame or defensiveness, and the impact is deeply disconnecting.
The courses offered through Warrior Wisdom offer tools to find the way back to healthy connection, so that, in the words of Cedar Barstow, you can learn to “stand in the power of your strength, while staying in the power of your heart.” Click on the courses below for more detailed information.